- This event has passed.
September 14, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
It’s the most bountiful time of the year. Help the growers, farmers and food producers of the Barrie Farmers’ Market celebrate Harvest Day on September 14. Here’s what to expect:
- Guess the Weight of the Squash – Win a massive harvest basket worth over $500!!! 25 cents per guess and whoever guesses the closest without going over wins! Scroll down to see the long list of vendors who have contributed to the prize basket.
- Cooking demonstrations by Urban Pantry Barrie.
- Live music from singer Michelle Guy.
- Kids’ Story Time with the Barrie Public Library at 10:30 and kids’ crafts all morning.
- Free farming and food education resource packs for teachers at the Market Manager’s booth.
- Booth Decorating Contest – Market vendors will be decorating their booths and you get to pick the best one! Stop by the Market Manager’s booth to place your vote.
Thank you to all of the vendors who contributed to the Harvest Day prize basket: Adam’s Honey, Auntie’s Fine Foods, Bark & Mewz, Beach Baby Bath & Body, BelleRoots Farm, Borrow Family Farm, Bernier Farms, Camphill Communities Ontario, Carter’s Maple Syrup, Cedar Hollow Alpaca Farm, Clarke’s Fruit & Vegetables, Debby’s Garden, El-Cam Farm, Fat Rooster Farm, Grandpa’s Hungarian Sausages, Grey Stone Farm, Heena’s Curry House, Harris Farms, Heritage Estate Winery & Cidery, Highmark Farm, Holly’s Sweets & Eats, Homestead Artisan Bakery + Cafe, Huron Sun Foods, Hypertufa by Dan Edwards, In a Nutshell, Integrated Farms, Jacobi’s Crafts, Joan LeBoeuf, JR Kustom Woodworks, Just Nuts Mylk, Linda Desroches Home Baking, Lotus Natural Living, McBride’s Organic Farm, Nicholyn Farms, PJ Meats, Pleasures & Pastimes, Rosie Rain Meat Pies, Say Cheese, Stone Horse Farm, T&R Jones Farm, Terry’s Unique Hot Sauce, Thor Farms, Without Reservations, Vertagro, and Your Ultimate Meals.
We’ll see you there!