Barrie Artists and Makers Market
September 21 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Simcoe County is home to a thriving community of artists, artisans, and makers. For four special events this summer, these creative entrepreneurs who are committed to making their own products will find a home at the Barrie Artists and Makers Markets.
Co-hosted by the Barrie Farmers’ Market, the Barrie Arts Committee, and the Creative Economy Department of the City of Barrie, these events will take place next to the farmers’ market on Saturday mornings. With a different array of vendors at each event, you’re sure to find something unique and special for yourself, your friends, and your family.
On September 21, check out these amazing artists and makers:
- Astilbe – Floral design and greenery from their home base in Craighurst.
- Barrie Art Club – Original artwork from professional and amateur members of the club.
- Crafted Spaces – Handmade rope bowls, macrame decor, and decorative fabric pieces from Oro-Medonte.
- Dawning Collective – Handmade silver, bronze, and ceramic jewelry and totems from Barrie.
- Green by Hand – Screen, block, and letterpress printed paper and fabrics featuring original artwork from Barrie.
- J Lim Jewellery – Handcrafted wearable art from a graduate of the Georgian College jewellery and metals program.
- Jessie Milan – One-of-a-kind jewelry and artwork from Utopia.
- Lazy Goat Ceramics – Wheel-thrown clay pottery from Innisfil.
- Leizer Leathers – Custom-designed, handmade leather clothing and accessories from Barrie.
- Meraki Creations – Handmade metal, wire, and gemstone jewelry from Innisfil.
- Oh Beehive – Beeswax kitchen wraps and reusable mesh produce bags made by hand in Barrie.
- Rock Paper Poison – Wheel-thrown, hand painted tableware from Orillia.
- Sola Soy Candle Co. – Jarred soy candles in delicious scents, made in Barrie.
- Steel House Custom Designs – Made-in-Minesing custom name and address signs for homes and businesses.
- Studio 194 – Stained glass pieces inspired by Georgian Bay and created in Barrie.
- Studio Wendy Ceramics – Handmade porcelain tableware and clay pots made at the Double Door Studios & Gallery in Anten Mills.
- The Little Merchant Shop – Art prints, original artwork and more from Barrie.
Plus the Barrie Arts Committee will have activities for kids to encourage their own creative, Wendy Whelan will be entertaining the market with her country tunes, and if the weather is dry the folks from Shift Happens AcroYoga will be on site with demonstrations (and your participation if you want to join them).
It’s your last chance to enjoy the BAMM atmosphere, so don’t miss it!