- This event has passed.
Barrie Artists and Makers Market
June 15, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Simcoe County is home to a thriving community of artists, artisans, and makers. For four special events this summer, these creative entrepreneurs who are committed to making their own products will find a home at the Barrie Artists and Makers Markets.
Co-hosted by the Barrie Farmers’ Market, the Barrie Arts Committee, and the Creative Economy Department of the City of Barrie, these events will take place next to the farmers’ market on Saturday mornings. With a different array of vendors at each event, you’re sure to find something unique and special for yourself, your friends, and your family.
On June 15, check out these amazing artists and makers:
- Barrie Art Club – Original artwork from professional and amateur members of the club.
- Crafted Spaces – Handmade rope bowls, macrame decor, and decorative fabric pieces from Oro-Medonte.
- Green by Hand – Screen, block, and letterpress printed paper and fabrics featuring original artwork from Barrie.
- J Lim Jewellery – Handcrafted wearable art from a graduate of the Georgian College jewellery and metals program.
- Jason George Photography – Wildlife photography prints and cards from a Wasaga Beach photographer.
- Jessie Milan – One-of-a-kind jewelry and artwork from Utopia.
- Lazy Goat Ceramics – Wheel-thrown clay pottery from Innisfil.
- Leizer Leathers – Custom-designed, handmade leather clothing and accessories from Barrie.
- Luminuz Candles – Jarred soy candles made in Barrie.
- Meraki Creations – Handmade metal, wire, and gemstone jewelry from Innisfil.
- Oh Beehive – Beeswax kitchen wraps and reusable mesh produce bags made by hand in Barrie.
- Petal Pusher Studio – Macrame plant hangers, wall hangings, jewelry and more from Barrie.
- Rock Paper Poison – Wheel-thrown, hand painted tableware from Orillia.
- Studio 194 – Stained glass pieces inspired by Georgian Bay and created in Barrie.
- The Paper Forest Shop – Printed paper and fabric pieces featuring original, nature-inspired artwork from Orillia.
- Winter Woods Hand Knits – Pure wool decor and accessories that are hand knit, crocheted, and felted in Barrie.
On June 15, the Barrie Arts Committee will also be running kids’ art activities to inspire creativity and hands-on play in the next generation of artists and makers. This time around they’ll be making buttons to take home.
Plus we’ll have entertainment from the Barrie Saxophone Quartet as part of the Barrie Jazz & Blues Festival and if the weather is dry the folks from Shift Happens AcroYoga will be on site with demonstrations (and your participation if you want to join them).
So much to enjoy!