Ordering on LocalLine
Go to https://www.localline.ca/barrie-farmers-market to shop with the market’s vendors.
There are three ways to find what you’re looking for:
- Scroll through the products as if you were wandering around the outdoor market, looking to see what’s available.
- Find a specific vendor using the drop down menu to “Filter by Supplier” the same way you’d go directly to a vendor’s stall at the outdoor market.
- Use keywords to “Search by Product,” in case more than one vendor has it for sale, the same way you’d compare between vendors at the outdoor market.
When is the best time to shop?
The Barrie Farmers’ Market online shop opens on Monday at 8 a.m. and closes on Friday at 8 a.m. for pickup in the same week.
Just like at the physical farmers’ market, on LocalLine the individual vendors control when their products are available. Farmers may not know until mid-week if seasonal crops will be ready to harvest or how much they will have available, so they might not open their store until Tuesday. Bakers and chefs may need to close their shops on Thursday to give them enough time to prepare your order.
The window of time when most vendors shops will be open is Monday-Thursday. Shopping mid-week should help you see the widest variety of products available.
What is the deadline for orders?
The Barrie Farmers’ Market online shop closes on Friday at 8 a.m. for pickup the next day. Some vendors may close their shops earlier to give them enough time to prepare your order.
Do I have to pay online? Can I pay in cash at the market?
You must pay for your order in advance when you check out on LocalLine. For now, cash and cards will not be accepted at the market on Saturday. This is to minimize contact between shoppers and vendors during the COVID-19 response, and it is also to move customers through the market as quickly as possible when picking up their orders.
If the market is able to accommodate on-site payments in the future then we will update our website.
If I forgot to order something in advance, can I buy it at the market on Saturday?
No, for now there will be no in-person sales at the Barrie Farmers’ Market on Saturdays. Vendors will not have canopies set up, they will not bring extra products to the market, and no sales will take place on site.
We look forward to returning to regular market operations as soon as possible, but we don’t know when that will be. We appreciate your patience while everyone adapts to physical distancing at the Barrie Farmers’ Market.
Saturday Pickup Procedures
The market will be set up in the parking lot behind City Hall.
- Approach along Worsley Street and enter the parking lot at Mulcaster Street.
- You will be stopped at the entrance and asked for your name and order number.
- Once your details are confirmed, you will drive through the parking lot to the pickup area at the other end.
- Pop your trunk and your order will be placed in your vehicle. Please stay in your vehicle.
- Make yourself known to staff in the canopy-covered waiting area at the Mulcaster Street entrance to the parking lot.
- You will be asked for your name and order number.
- Wait in the canopy-covered waiting area outside of the market while your order is brought to you.
- Customers are expected to leave at least 6′ of space between each other while waiting.