- This event has passed.
It’s Maple Fool’s Day!
April 1, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The sap is running and we’re ready to celebrate. Get a taste of everything maple at the Barrie Farmers’ Market on April 1st as we mark Maple Fool’s Day.
Pick up bottles of local sweetness from Carter’s Maple Syrup and Williams Farm, enjoy all sorts of maple treats, and get inspiration for savory maple dishes. Here are just some of the maple-inspired products you’ll be able to find:
- maple tourtiere from Rosie Rain Meat Pies
- maple-garlic sausages from Grandpa’s Hungarian Sausages
- maple-smoked trout from Mays Food Service
- maple leaf pins from Green By Hand
- maple leaf jewelry from Elegance by the Duo
- maple syrup shots in coffee samples from Annanda Chaga Mushrooms
- maple gelato from Dolcella Gelato
- samples of chili-maple glaze from Terry’s Unique Hot Sauce
- gluten-free pancakes with maple syrup and maple muffins from Your Ultimate Meals
- maple iced dog cookies from Bark & Mewz
- maple beer nuts and maple buttered almonds from In A Nutshell
- maple cups from Lynda Desroches Home Baking
- maple yogurt from Say Cheese
- maple truffles from Egon’s Chocolates
- maple chocolate bar from Georgian Chocolate Co.
- cream of carrot and turnip soup with maple syrup from SoupHerb Soups
We’ll also have live acoustic music from Wesley McCarthy.