Maple Fool’s Day
March 30 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
On March 30, start ramping up for the Ontario Maple Weekend by getting a taste of everything maple at the Barrie Farmers’ Market. Celebrate Maple Fools’ Day with bottles of local sweetness from Williams Farm and Carter’s Maple Syrup, maple treats from the bakers and chefs, and get inspiration for savory maple dishes using pretty much every ingredient available.
Keep an eye out for feature products and recipes:
- maple-garlic sausages from Grandpa’s Hungarian Sausages
- maple BBQ sauce and maple pie from Nicholyn Farms
- maple yogurt from Say Cheese
- maple-bacon tourtiere from Rosie Rain Meat Pies
- whisky maple bacon cheesecake and smokey maple butter salmon from Without Reservations
- buttered almonds with maple syrup and maple beer nuts from In A Nutshell
- maple lip balm from Beach Baby Bath & Body
- maple coffee from Your Ultimate Meals
The Barrie Public Library will be hosting a kids’ reading corner at 11 a.m. and local singer-guitarist Katherine Chabot will be entertaining shoppers all morning with live music.
Get ready for all sorts of maple goodness!